We are excited to announce this year's opening of a SENIOR BRAND AMBASSADOR position at Ruby Jewel!!
In 2004, Lisa Herlinger stumbled across an ice cream treat void in Portland, Oregon. Her solution? fill it with extraordinarily and distinctly original ice cream sandwiches. After countless late nights churning out batch after batch of cookies and ice cream, Ruby Jewel was born. Lisa sold the first Ruby Jewel ice cream sandwich out of a cooler at Portland farmer’s markets, and her treats quickly garnered a loyal following.
While Ruby Jewel has received significant acclaim, appearing in national and regional media outlets, all Ruby Jewel ice cream sandwiches are still small batch, hand-crafted in our own kitchen and ice cream factory we call “Sandwich City.” Committed to supporting the local community and economy, Ruby Jewel uses only the best ingredients, thoughtfully sourced from farmers and food artisans in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest.
Jewel Bus Senior Brand Ambassador Summary:
The Jewel Bus Senior Brand Ambassador is expected to drive excitement, brand awareness and product knowledge at our Jewel Bus mobile locations, while providing excellent customer service and leadership to staff members. The top function of this position is driving consumer engagement (through purchases, sampling, couponing, premiums, etc.), while promoting the Ruby Jewel brand and our mission. The Jewel Bus Senior Brand Ambassador should possess the ability to work independently, as a team player and as a team leader, with the intention to grow and develop within Ruby Jewel. Excellent communication, reliable/dependable availability and an out-going personality are imperative in this environment. The Jewel Bus Senior Brand Ambassador is expected to continually look for ways to develop their team through continued learning with the support of Ruby Jewel’s management and leadership team.
We have some great placements lined up for this summer 2021! Some locations you will see us at this year include Oaks Park, Hawthorne Asylum and Eastport Food Carts.
Essential Skills & Functions:
- Deliver an outstanding Ruby Jewel experience that enhances customer loyalty and strengthens our marketing strategy.
- Excellent communication skills and be willing to coach, council and train employees and reinforce the Ruby Jewel brand expectations.
- Consistent, professional and friendly attitude and demeanor, while understanding the importance of consumer engagement and event marketing.
- Promote Ruby Jewel products thoughtfully while implementing marketing campaigns to drive sales.
- Represent the Ruby Jewel brand at launches, through seasonal programs, and events.
- Possess basic math and cash handling skills, create deposits and verify tills.
- Understand food sanitation & safety guidelines.
- Lead and manage a team of Brand Ambassadors with integrity, professionalism, and foresight.
- Support, foster, and influence a knowledge-based learning environment where positive and constructive feedback is given to staff with the intention to improve overall performance.
- Highly focused on driving consumer engagement, meeting/exceeding daily sales goals and building Ruby Jewel brand awareness and knowledge.
- Willingness and ability to work and lead in a mobile marketing environment.
- Day to day management of up to 2 additional employees including scheduling and call-out solutions.
- Able to work evenings, weekends (MUST be available Saturday & Sunday) and holidays.
- Maintain and delegate cleaning and working tasks in an upbeat manner.
- Must be a committed team player.
- Demonstrate the ability to relay information from being coached, trained and mentored by Retail Operations and HQ leadership.
- Able to carry out instructions and motivate the Brand Ambassador team to perform at their very best.
- Inventory and ordering 1-2 times per week.
- Finalizing weekly deposits.
- Must be energetic, approachable, and have an outgoing attitude.
- Must display professionalism while representing the Ruby Jewel brand.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds independently and 50 pounds with assistance.
- Valid food handlers license.
- Dependable and reliable transportation, as well as an ability to commute locally.
- Flexibility for growth with the company and the position.
- Have fun while working for an awesome company while serving ICE CREAM SANDWICHES!!