Ruby Jewel Ice Cream is home to the Northwest's #1 ice cream sandwich, and we are seeking energetic people to join our ice cream sandwich production and manufacturing team!
Our ice cream sandwiches are truly handmade, and that's where you fit in!
We hand-squish, and manually process thousands of ice cream sandwiches a week at our production HQ and are seeking new, energetic staff to add to our already AMAZING ice cream sandwich production team!
Daily Responsibilities (Variable):
- Ice cream sandwich processing and manufacturing
- Packaging preparation and coding
- Stocking boxes/bags, prepping production equipment
- Moving inventory between the production floor and warehouse
- Dish washing, sanitation processes and procedures.
- Ability to work up to a 10-hour shift
- Standing and walking for most of the shift
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Repetitive motion and fine finger manipulation throughout the shift
- Ability to come in contact with allergens including but not limited to: nuts, dairy, gluten, latex
- Occasional work in a cold storage environment
- Ability to comprehend, speak and read English.
- Ability to use basic tools and equipment, including box cutters, hand truck/dolly/cart, sanitation equipment including commercial dishwasher and sanitation chemical applicators, table top scales, and package sealing equipment.
All employees must strictly adhere to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), sanitation and food safety requirements. This is a manufacturing environment and employees must be able to understand, read and follow plant policies and procedures.
Equipment Frequently Used:
- Taylor and Electro-Freeze soft serve ice cream machines
- Band sealing machine
- Date/tape gun
- Arm and table top scales
- Hand truck / dolly/cart
- Box cutter
- Sanitation equipment: Automated commercial dishwasher, brooms, mops, sanitation chemical applicators, sanitation chemicals.
- Other materials designated as necessary for the Ruby Jewel production process.
- Must be friendly, courteous, flexible and enjoy working with a variety of staff
- Must be detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and productively as well as work well under pressure and able to manage multiple projects
- Food Manufacturing in a warehouse environment preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to be flexible with shift hours and shifting priorities.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Staffing hours generally fall between 6am and 6pm - Monday through Friday. Most staff work 4 x 10 hour shifts.
Health/Dental/Retirement benefits after probationary period
Ruby Jewel LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.