Our mission at Ruby Jewel is to foster happy memories by building a community and becoming your favorite ice cream experience. We do this by providing exceptional ice cream sandwiches, exemplary service, and a welcome and clean environment. At Ruby Jewel, we are guided by integrity in our traditional methods, thoughtful sourcing of the best local ingredients, and care for one another.
The Assistant Shop Manager (ASM) is the point person responsible for running Ruby Jewel operations at Moda Center and Memorial Coliseum scoop shops. It is a hands-on position that includes managing personnel, customer service, employee training and problem-solving skills, as well as desk work to manage staffing, product ordering, and documentation of procedures.
- Hold our team and yourself to the highest quality standards. Ensure that the customer experience is excellent.
- Have reliable transportation, and a back up plan to move around our various scoop shop locations.
- Coach and train you team members so that they can grow with the company.
- Control inventory levels at the shops to ensure sufficient supplies to meet the demand.
- Manage employees, ensuring appropriate behavior with customers and co-workers. Handle shop level scheduling of shift leads and scoopers.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and national health codes and standards, as well as Ruby Jewel company policies.
- Be the day-to-day face of the Ruby Jewel brand in your neighborhood. Build relationships with local businesses, schools and community members.
- Think like and entrepreneur to find solutions that can increase sales, team member engagement and customer happiness.
- Meet sales objectives by managing labor, increasing throughput and delivering an exceptional experience to all customers.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment
- Ability to come into contact with nut allergens, gluten and dairy.
- Standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout a shift.
- Communication with customers and staff in a retail shop environment.
- Able to work various shifts per week and be available weekdays, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Cash handling
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
- High School diploma or GED (general education degree)
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to comprehend, speak, and read English. Bilingual language capability in English and Spanish a plus.
- Previous hospitality management is a plus!!
Ruby Jewel, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.