Our mission at Ruby Jewel is to foster happy memories by building a community & becoming your favorite ice cream experience. We do this by providing exceptional ice cream sandwiches, exemplary service, and a welcome and clean environment. At Ruby Jewel, we are guided by integrity in our traditional methods, thoughtful sourcing of the best local ingredients, and care for one another.
Washington Square scooper crew members are expected to greet and serve customers in a friendly and efficient manner, while providing excellent hospitality and customer service. Scoopers should possess the ability to work independently as well as with a team. Excellent communication, reliable/dependable availability and an out-going personality are important in our environment.
- Maintain operational status that meets food safety and brand standards.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have a consistent, professional and friendly attitude, and understand the importance of customer service and hospitality.
- Possess math skills, and are able to operate a point of sale cash register. Must be able to handle cash and provide change to customers as well as run credit cards.
- Follow food sanitation & safety guidelines, and possess/obtain a Food Handlers Safety Card
- Develop product knowledge and expertise, and able to quickly recall and share that information with customers and colleagues.
- Willingness to work in a customer service orientated environment
- Open availability including some holidays.
- Willing and able to maintain a clean working environment
- Team player
- Demonstrate the ability to be coached, trained and mentored
- Able to carry out instructions
- Morning and afternoon weekday availability until 10pm required for consideration (Mall hours).
- Most, but not all weekend availability.
- Reliable transportation
- An option to work at other Ruby Jewel locations including the Beaverton Food Carts and Portland Airport (PDX beginning November 2019)
Ruby Jewel, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.