Ruby Jewel Ice Cream
Home of the Northwest's #1 ice cream sandwich - is seeking energetic people to join our team!
Our ice cream sandwiches are truly handmade, and that's where you come in-
We produce thousands of sandwiches a week at our production HQ to serve customers all over Portland and up and down the West Coast.
This is an entry level position that supports our skilled operators and is the pathway to become a Ruby Jewel ice cream maker.
Core daily work will range from a single shift of one of the following duties to a blend of duties through the shift: packaging preparation and coding, stocking boxes/bags, prepping equipment, moving inventory between the production floor and warehouse, dish washing, sanitation, sandwich packing and prepping ingredients.
Strong performance will lead to training and advancement to higher paying skilled positions.
All employees must strictly adhere to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), sanitation and food safety requirements. Employees must be able to understand, read and follow plant policies and procedures. The physical requirements and working environment requires the following:
• Ability to work up to a 10-hour shift
• Standing and walking for most of the shift
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Repetitive motion and fine finger manipulation throughout the shift
• Ability to come in contact with allergens including but not limited to: nuts, dairy, gluten, latex
• Occasional work in a cold storage environment
• Ability to comprehend, speak and read English.
• Ability to use basic tools and equipment, including box cutters, hand truck/dolly/cart, sanitation equipment including commercial dishwasher and sanitation chemical applicators, table top scales, and package sealing equipment.
Equipment Frequently Used:
• Taylor and Electro-Freeze soft serve ice cream machines
• Band sealing machine
• Date/tape gun
• Arm and table top scales
• Hand truck / dolly/cart
• Box cutter
• Sanitation equipment: Automated commercial dishwasher, brooms, mops, sanitation chemical applicators, sanitation chemicals.
• Other materials designated as necessary for the Ruby Jewel production process.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Ability to be flexible with shift hours and shifting priorities.
• Must have reliable means of transportation.
Ruby Jewel, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.